Monday, September 13, 2010

Interview with Stereo Skyline

By editor: Colleen Johnson on September 13, 2010.

Taking a little breather from the Warped coverage, let’s head back to Bamboozle Roadshow! Bamboozle Roadshow normally takes about five bands out like a normal tour yet this summer they tried something a little bit different. Lucky for me, I had the opportunity to watch both scene legends like Good Charlotte and Third Eye Blind yet try out of the some newer acts like Cady Groves, Great Big Planes and our next featured band Stereo Skyline!

Since we talked, they have released their debut full length record along with headlining the successful Stuck On Repeat tour featuring a slew of past interviews in The Audition, Cash Cash and Cady Groves! I had the opportunity to talk with Kevin, Rob, Brian and Clayton on the last date of the tour and just a month before their record released
where we talked about everything from how the tour went for the guys, where they found the latest addition to the band and much more. Was it at a Clay Aiken reunion show, on Match.com or on the street corner? Read on to find out!

[...]


I know the Roadshow ends today so you’ve obviously been able to see a lot of the bands play. With a good mix of new meets old with bands like Simple Plan, Third Eye Blind and Good Charlotte, were there any that you particularly listened to growing up?

Clayton: That’s right! Oh yeah!
Kevin: Every time we’ve done an interview for the past year and a half, they asked ‘what band would you love to tour with?’ and I always answer with Third Eye Blind consistently. You can look it up! There’s never an interview where I don’t say that and now we’re on tour with them and I mean Good Charlotte’s another one that we all like look up to, Simple Plan.
Brian: Hanson!
Kevin: Yeah we got to see Hanson every day for a while.
Rob: Plus all of these bands have given us like more advice then you could ever have asked for. I mean Good Charlotte, I think they say every day on stage that they’ve been a band for fourteen years. I mean that’s unreal.
Clayton: And we just turned fourteen!
Brian: I’m sixteen!

[...]


Then the last two to end it up! What was the first CD you ever bought?

Kevin: Wow, I know mine! Eminem. What was it? With the red curtains on the front? Something show…The Eminem show!
Rob: Clayton, go first!
Clayton: Mine was Hanson “Middle of Nowhere”. That was the first band that really inspired me to start pursuing like bands and music and stuff.
Rob: I don’t remember exactly but I want to say it was Offspring. I’m not sure…
Brian: My first record was, well the first song I can say this. The first song that I was ever like obsessed with is that song that goes like “I would walk five hundred miles”. Like I remember like when I was a little kid, my mom thought it was hysterical that that was just like my jam because like my brother and sister were always into like you know the little kiddy stuff but yeah, those guys!

[...]

to read more, click here

0 People talked to us:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg